Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Important Events Not To Miss

There are three things happening downtown in the next couple of days that I'd like to encourage everyone to consider, so this is mostly an informational post.

Tonight is the Metropulse "Best of Knoxville" party. As of this writing I have no idea if Stuck Inside of Knoxville was recognized, but regardless of that, the party will be great fun. I've been to several of them in the past and the food is good (and free) and the music is good and what more could you want? It will be at Latitude beginning at 7:00. In the past being late meant missing out on some of the best food, so be there on time!

Tomorrow night is, of course, Sundown in the City. Better Than Ezra will be the featured artist and Market Square promises to be packed. I'm not sure this is the best choice of a show for old folks. I expect the high school/ college crowd to overwhelm the white-hairs at this one, so go with an open mind about bumping, spilling and spinning about or maybe choose a different pastime for the evening.

Speaking of different pastimes, that brings up the most important of these three events: A city council workshop on the future of Henley Street/Boulevard concept. It starts at 5:00 in the City County Building small assembly room. If you think this is an important idea, as do I, you need to be there. We won't get a re-do on this idea in the future. There is a new (to me, at least) Facebook Page on the concept. The City Council needs to know that people think this idea is important. If you are a new reader to this blog and have no idea what I'm talking about go here to watch a power point presentation or here to read the best article on the topic.

I'm going to end this post with a video that is only barely related to any of the above. George Scott who has been the force behind the Henley Street Boulevard idea and whose power point is linked above, has put begun to produce videos about other topics. The one I'm posting below is about the Chalk Walk from a couple of weekends ago. It is a superbly done video. It makes me ashamed of my little attempt at covering the event. It's very professional and fun. You might also want to check out George's other videos.

I hope to see you at all of the above - but especially the Henley Street Workshop. Tell your friends.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At May 11, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous Greg said...

You're right, that's a really good video. I'm glad that dog didn't pee on the statue-guy.

 
At May 11, 2011 at 9:28 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

Love the video! I'm going to steal it and put it on my blog as well. (Should show up on the 13th.)

 
At May 11, 2011 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Knoxville Urban Guy said...

I'll have to re-watch it for the potentially peeing pet, Greg. I missed the statue guy entirely that weekend, but I'm glad to see one showing up around here. You see it in all the big cities, so look at us go! Steal away, Andrea - and post your blog link so we can check it out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home