Monday, October 31, 2011

Photographs in Search of a Blog, October 2011

World's Fair Park Pavilion, Knoxville, October 2011
I hope you all got to enjoy that great Autumn rain on Friday, the nice weather on Saturday and the first touch of winter on Sunday. It was a great weekend in the city. I read all day Friday, which included "The Letters of Sylvia Beech," loaned to me by Flossie at Union Avenue Books (thanks Flossie, it will be back soon). I tried 31 Bistro Saturday with great friends Shaft and Deda and got in a little trick-or-treat action with Urban Toddler on Sunday. Pretty nice.

Cool Motorcycle in front of Hotel Oliver, Knoxville, October 2011

Tending the garden, fifth floor behind Mast General, Knoxville, October 2011

Singer, Market Square, Knoxville, October 2011
I considered doing something spooky for Halloween, but I'm  not much of a Halloweeny sort of guy so, instead, I'll end the month as I have a number of times before with images from the city I truly liked, but just never found the blog they deserved. Rather than have them disappear into pixel land, I'll throw them out for your pleasure.
Beauty in the City, Knoxville, October 2011
  
Hippie VW Microbus, Summit Hill, Knoxville, October 2011
 
Ballet, World's Fair Park Pavilion, Knoxville, October 2011
 
Spanish Language Radio in Knoxville!

So many things that I photograph are things that I stumble onto in the city. The unexpected sightings of wedding parties, a cool reflection on a building, college kids being, well, college kids, are the kinds of things that make life interesting downtown. When I lived in the suburbs and I went to the grocery store I expected to buy groceries and drive back into my garage. Now, when I buy groceries it involves a walk and I never know what interesting person or sight I might find. Life is too short for dull.

Shadow of the Sunsphere, Knoxville, October 2011
 
Volt at Electric Car Show, Market Square, Knoxville, October 2011

 
Bride and Groom, Church Street UMC, Knoxville, October 2011

If you'd like to see more pictures like these, I have nearly a thousand at the Stuck Inside of Knoxville Facebook Page and I'd love you to go there and hit the "like" button as you look around. Tell your friends about it. I'll be adding labels to pictures and tagging people (you might look for people you know - or yourself - and tag them for me!). Also, I'd love to have you as a friend at the Knoxville Urban Guy Facebook Page.
Cool Ride, Gay Street, Knoxville, October 2011


Dog-powered Bike, Central Street, Knoxville, October 2011

 
Beauty in the City, Too, Knoxville, October 2011

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

The singer you have a picture of is Sarah Rhodes. I wrote a blog on her not too long ago: http://spiniffy.com/comic/?p=1756

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home