Monday, November 1, 2010

Low Riders and Wienermobiles

"All my friends know the lowrider
The lowrider is a little higher"
-War-

Wienermobile, 100 block of Gay Street, Knoxville, October 2010
On a recent evening vehicles were garnering attention on Gay Street. On the 100 block the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile elicited stares and even got into the spirit of the Halloween holiday.

Rearview of the Wienermobile looking north on Gay Street

Full Frontal Wiener View, looking south on Gay Street :-)
It's hard not to smile when you see the thing. I've run into it twice this year, once in Saint Louis (see blog here) and then this Halloween. I double-dog dare you to top that.

Lowrider in front of Downtown Grill, 400 block of Gay Street, Knoxville, October 2010
On the 400 block the attention went to a lowrider. I don't think I've ever seen one parked. It may not be clear from the picture, but the clearance from the pavement could not have been more than one inch. I heard on young lady ask, "What if you gained weight?" What, indeed.
 

Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 2, 2010 at 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember coming up behind a wienermobile once on Kingston Pike in Bearden. That was between 20 and 25 years ago.

 
At November 2, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Knoxville Urban Guy said...

I guess you trump me in the heritage department. I don't go back nearly so far.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home